Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Public Address About Me.

Yes, I get it.

I can be a Bitch. I am hard to work with. I am opinionated. I have hard time communicating. I have a hard time understanding other's opinions. I often talk to others like they don't understand what I am saying. I make the LAMEST jokes and terrible puns. I accidentally say the wrong things and talk way too much. I make a big deal out of nothing and I cry over everything. I'm depressed all of the time and I'm not 'popular.' I can't sing or dance well and I certainly am not a perfect student. I push way too hard for the things I believe in. I am shy and I get easily embarrassed yet I talk really loud and draw attention to myself. I butt into conversations that I should not have even heard. I am HUMAN.

I have flaws and trust me - I am so much more aware of them than you could ever be. I know that my personality is hard to get along with so thank you to those who try to. I sincerely appreciate you all, well most of you, for trying not to make me feel hated or isolated. The fact that so many people would go out of their way to maintain a friendship with me is incredible.

But just don't. You either like me or you don't. I would rather have one quality friend than a thousand who tolerate me. No one should be surrounded by toleration or forced into that position. We live in a culture that makes trash talking okay. I admit, I have negative thoughts about nearly everyone. Who doesn't? I admit that I have VOICED those opinions. I also acknowledge that my words could have easily hurt someone that I care deeply about.

I am working on me.  I may not fit the description of perfection but I fall perfectly inline with being human. Recently, I realized that the majority of people in my life put me in the toleration phase. So please take a moment and answer these two questions:

1. Do you enjoy talking to me?

2. Do you enjoy spending time with me?

If you answer yes, than stop trash talking me. This goes for anyone. You shouldn't want to talk poorly about someone who is supposed to be your friend.

"I just need to let off steam sometimes."

Than let it off to me. There is no reason two people can't solve their own problems without bringing an entire social group.

MORAL:
So, what should you take away from this rant?
When it comes to friendship please try to be legit. No one deserves to be a time filler for you, nor should you be a time filler for them. There is nothing you can tell me that I don't already know about myself, so please stop trying. We all love to complain but it hurts like a bitch to hear. If someone is truthfully your friend than think before you talk. Chances are whatever you said will get back to them.

I'll take a life of loneliness over a life of lies any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment